Sonntag, 12. Juli 2015

Wrist Grab

Another culture class anyone?

I've mentioned it before but Korea actually is a rather conservative country. For a long time holding hands in public was a huge no-no. Even nowadays the older generation tends to not be too happy about seeing the youth holding hands. To Koreans, that's still something rather personal though it's a pretty innocent type of skinship.
In dramas, when taking someone with you, the characters tend to just grab the other person by the wrist instead of taking someones hand. Plus, let's admit it, it's actually a lot easier like this to make a person follow you whether they want to or not.
But this is also used to keep someone from leaving. A simple "Don't go, I still have to talk to you" isn't enough anymore..

Now enjoy this "Wrist Grab" gallery I've collected from various dramas in various contacts. It's something we'll see over and over again. I just wish I'd get 1$ for every wrist grab I see in a K-Drama..






Oh, just saying - it's true that there is indeed a whole tumblr blog dedicated to K-Drama Wrist-Grabs. Just look for it on Google.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen