Freitag, 31. Juli 2015

Boys Love

!Warning! This is a Boys Love movie (which is actually quite obvious in this case)! Don't like the genre? Then just ignore it.

ボーイズ ラブ (Boys Love) is a Japanese movie that was released in 2006.

Story: The story starts of with Taishin Mamiya interviewing model and artist Noeru Kisaragi. They soon fall in love with each other and Taishin finds out about the reasons why Noeru meets up with various men for sex.
Soon they get along and they could be rather happy if it wasn't for Chidori Furumura, Noeru's childhood friend who has a crush on him. This love develops into an obsession that becomes a huge problem for Taishin and Noeru.

Cast: Yoshikazu Kotani accepted the role as Taishin Mamiya. I don't really know what to tell about him. I think his acting in this movie wasn't too bad but sometimes a little overdone and still not completely perfect. As Noeru Kisaragi we see Takumi Saito. To be honest I didn't really understand his character and that one scene when he was crying was just.. meh. That actually goes for both actors but then again I wonder whether they couldn't do better (which I highly doubt) or whether it was about the director pretty much wanting them to do it like this. The last one is Hiroya Matsumoto as Chidori Furumura. To be honest I came to dislike his character but his acting was definitely better than what we've seen from the lead characters. The insane and obsessed friendzoned guy seemed a little bit.. too crazy from time to time but then again that is definitely my opinion and it was easy to believe in his acting.


Though this was one of the movies I've actually liked a lot about five years ago, accept for the ending, my rating today is 6/10. The story actually is good - just a little bit overdone here and there, the ending wouldn't have to be that way. Plus, what actually makes me furious is the fact that it seems too rushed, way too fast. There are so many things that happen within the last five minutes. And then I start to question logic. Usually, when anything like that happens, you'd go to the hospital. But of course a promise is way more important than at least trying to save a life.. That logic.
The cast isn't perfect but then again as someone interested in Japanese culture and society I don't blame the actors, I just wonder if they were uncomfortable because of how Japan deals with homosexuality.
I honestly also think that the usage of quotes is a good idea but then again I feel like they've been using too many quotes in some scenes. Three quotes whithin five minutes? Is that even necessary? But it's fine, it's at least something I haven't seen that often.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen