Dienstag, 12. Mai 2015

Antique Bakery

Sweet Jesus, it has been ages since I've watched this movie.. I think it was back in 2010/2011 but I'm not sure anymore..

If you don't like Boys Love at all (which means gay relationships or something like a one-sided love) you probably shouldn't read this. There'll be some more reviews of Boys Love movies I've watched years ago but want to review anyways.

서양골동양과자점 앤티크 (Antique Bakery) is a Korean movie that was released in 2008.

Story: Kim Jin-hyuk has money, looks and charm but fails to find the right woman in life. So he decides to open up a cake shop and hires Min Seon-woo, a talented patissier, who had a crush on Jin-hyuk back in high school. Together with ex-boxing champion Yang Ki-bum and bodyguard Nam Soo-young they stir up the quiet neighborhood. But except for being careless and happy on the outside, each of the men has to deal with events in the past.

Cast: So at first we have Joo Ji-hoon as Kim Jin-hyuk. A flower boy nonetheless but a good actor, I liked him a lot in this movie but haven't seen him in any other series so far. Secondly, there's Kim Jae-wook as Min Seon-woo and cheers to him for doing such a great job. He had to speak French in this movie and I think acting a gay character is difficult though. But I would've loved to try some of the cakes he made, like.. seriously. Yoo Ah-in is part in this movie as Yang Ki-bum as well. That poor guy has some serious issues in this movie. But actually every character does.. I was just feeling really sorry for his character. Last in the main cast is Choi Ji-ho as Nam Soo-young. A quiet but clueless bodyguard.. he's adorable as well but tends to wear his glasses all the time though.
As for the acting, I think it was really good but then again - I don't think I've criticized too many actors so far. If what they do seems realistic, they probably deserve a 'well done'.

To me, this movie is incredibly cute and sweet. It's not too much of a Boys Love movie, so if you're not looking for such stuff, you can still watch it and maybe just skip some scenes.
My rating is 9/10 just because it's such a nice movie to watch. Rewatch value? Yes, oh yes, it's still funny after watching it a few times.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen