Freitag, 6. November 2015

25 Favorite K-Drama OST Songs

Now as a huge fan of music, especially Korean music, it actually has an influence on me liking or disliking certain parts of a drama. The music, especially the songs sung by other artists than the actors themselves can be either annoying or pretty awesome, they can destroy the feeling of a certain part - or they can actually make you feel what's going on better.
Those songs I'll share by now aren't directly related to the way they were used in dramas - at least not all of them since I didn't watch all of their dramas yet - but they still make up a list of my favorite Korean drama OST songs.

25. Mamamoo - Love Lane
I did watch Marriage, not Dating before and I came to enjoy this drama itself a lot, partly because of this song that has a somewhat cute and bubbly feeling to it. Now after some time I found myself humming the melody, especially on sunny days in spring which actually shows how good I found this song.


24. Roy Kim - Pinocchio (피노키오)
This song is included in the OST of the drama of the same name, Pinocchio, staring Park Shin-hye and Lee Jong-suk. Now I admit on planning to watch this drama solely because it is well-known and - well, Lee Jong-suk. As someone who's not a huge fan of Park Shin-hye I'm still not too sure whether I should watch this or not. Anyways, this song just hit me harder than I expected it. I really like Roy Kim's albums and this song reaches my heart. I just had to include it in my top 25.





23. Dear Cloud - Liar
As someone who's pretty much into Korean rock and indie music I definitely can't leave out this song. It's included in the OST of the Korean version of Liar Game, a drama I really would love to watch and probably will (maybe before this post is even published). I just happen to like it a lot though it isn't one of the most atmospheric songs I have ever heard.


22. 김준수/ 시아준수/ Kim Junsu/ Xiah - 사랑합니다 (I Love You)
I'm truly sorry for the long title but Junsu is known under many names. And there is one rule: There cannot be enough ballads on his albums. That voice just gives me goosebumps. Reasons why I happen to listen to this song. But then again I prefer listening to this during winter or fall since I prefer more powerful songs during the summer season.




21. Melody Day - Listen to my Heart
This song is included on the Tomorrow's Cantabile OST, a drama I really want to watch as well but usually lack time. Melody Day is a group consisting of really talented vocalists just like Spica and Mamamoo but they mainly perform OST songs and I bet many of you heard of them before. This song managed to make its way into this list because of the beautiful instrumental, the nice voices and the cheerful arrangement - it's not a typical OST ballad but doesn't seem to ruin any kind of atmosphere either (though I admit that I still need to figure out whether it works with the drama or not).




20. Ailee/ 에일리 - 하루하루 (Day by Day)
Now talking about why this song that was included on the Triangle OST appears in this list isn't that complicated. Personally I think that Ailee is by far one of the best female vocalists in the K-Pop industry. As someone who's trying not to get involved with the K-Pop fandom too much anymore I forgot about many artists but Ailee is memorable just for her voice.
To me this song has something like a lighter feeling than most ballads though I'm pretty sure the lyrics are actually rather sad (depending on what you consider as sad). I just happened to like this song more than her earlier OST songs and had to include it on here.


19. Kim Bo Kyung / 김보경 - 가슴을 쳐봐도 (Heart Hit)
Kim Bo Kyung is one of the singers I consider as incredibly overlooked. I admit that back in 2013 this was the first song I've heard by her as it was included on the Two Weeks OST and I found the sorrowful vocals incredibly beautiful and actually fitting the whole drama.


18. JACE - Goodbye
Another song that basically belongs to a drama I haven't watched yet. In this case, the song belongs to the drama 'Spy' that appears on my (pretty long) plan-to-watch list as well. Jace captured my attention right after their debut though not many people noticed them. Their style somehow reminds me of F.T Island and their rock ballads, and Goodbye is no exception but basically my favorite song by Jace so far.


17.배치기 / BaeChiGi - 신기루 (feat. 김보경) (Mirage (feat. Kim Bo Kyung)
Another song that features Kim Bo Kyung on this list! Now I do like BaeChiGi's songs in general, especially when they feature female vocalists. This song is in fact no exception and it was something like Love at first Listen. I just fell for the whistling as well as the guitar sound in the beginning though I didn't even watch Three Days as of now. This song is one of the songs that definitely would make me watch a drama!


16. 하현우/ Ha Hyun Woo (Guckkasten) - I Can't Stop Loving You
Let me explain in a few words why I actually listened to this song that's included on the OST of the drama Blood: Ha Hyun Woo is the vocalist of the Korean indie band Guckkasten. Now I'm definitely not their biggest fan, that's what I openly admit, though Guckkasten are a band I'd love to see live next year. However, I still didn't imagine this song to be this beautiful. I admit that I didn't expect Ha Hyun Woo to sing a song like this one day but I'm glad he did and I'm even more glad that I gave it a shot and listened to it!
Now as many of you might have never heard of him and therefore didn't listen to the song (probably) until now, I'd recommend giving it a shot. I'm still surprised because this is so beautiful.


15. J-Min - 일어나 (Stand Up)
I bet most of you either watched this drama or listened to the OST of To The Beautiful You just because it was a kinda popular in 2012 because of many SM Entertainment artists. J-Min is under SM Entertainment as well as far as I know but one of the far less popular artists who was active in Japan for quite some time. I just found this song pretty awesome and I still find it kind of interesting just by the way it's combining rock and K-Pop up to some point.



14. 나도균 / Na Do Kyun - 그대니까요 (It's You)
Talking about Na Do Kyun, some of you might know him as a member of idol group History. That's how I found out about him and also how I found the male version of this song performed for Love Rain OST! Though it is a simple ballad song the beautiful melody captured my attention and his powerful voice didn't let me go, especially that note at the end of the song got me.


13. 정기고/ JungGiGo - 아까워 (feat. 민우 of 보이프렌드) (Too Good (feat. Minwoo of Boyfriend)
This song belongs to High School: Love On, a drama that seems to be made for a teenage audience. That doesn't mean that it's bad but I didn't watch the drama yet and don't know if the story might be too typical for a K-Drama. Anyways, I like Boyfriend and I'm a fan of JungGiGo so no one should be surprised this song appears on here.




12. 예성/ Yesung - 먹지 (Gray Paper)
Now this song appearing on here actually is a huge surprise to those who know how much I actually dislike SM Entertainment and how I actually don't care about their artists at all. But then again, it's Yesung! He's the king of OST's, I basically fell hard for his voice and this song is no joke, I kept playing it on repeat for hours just because I liked it so much. I still do though I prefer listening to it during the cold season.
To be honest this song was also one of the things that made a melodrama watchable to me. That Winter, The Wind Blows definitely isn't one of the strongest dramas ever just judging by the story but this song makes some scenes 10 times better.


11. M to M - 안녕 정말 안녕 (Goodbye Really Goodbye)
This song in fact is a diamond I found while watching Lie to Me, a drama I didn't really like but I'm glad this song appeared in it. It's such a beautiful song that actually made me feel something. Compared to the whole series this song kept me going, I've been hoping to hear it more often.


 

10. MC Sniper - Danger (feat. 리누 (Lee Nu) & 김서현 (Kim Seohyun))
Another song I got to know because of the drama, in this case Vampire Prosecutor 2, a series I just came to like for it's incredibly dark atmosphere and the awesome action scenes as you can read in the review. I happened to love the combination of rap and the (for rap songs) not so typical music combined with the powerful action scenes, and even without the drama this song is quite addicting and you find your self singing along - at least I did.

  

09. 정준영/ Jung Joon Young - 같은 자리 (Same Place)
Another song on this list that probably wouldn't have been as good as it is if it was sung by someone else. Jung Joon Young is an awesome singer with this awesome rockish feel right when he starts singing. I've been listening to his two solo mini albums for a long time and still love the rock ballads - songs he could sing anytime and I'd still love them.
This song from the OST of Modern Farmer is definitely no exception though I honestly think the fact that Jung Joon Young sang it makes me love it even more than the song itself performed by another singer would be able to.



08. 악동뮤지션/ Akdong Musician - I Love You
This song is the ultimate cute song for those of you who are in love! While I do enjoy listening to it in spring a lot more than during the cold season, the song, included on the OST of All About My Romance, is cute enough to make me smile anytime. And I can definitely tell you that this is 99% about the song since I am not a huge fan of Akdong Musician but still fell for this song and the lovey-dovey feelings it's giving me.

  

07. NOXX - All For One (feat. 딘딘)
I honestly don't expect anyone to know about NOXX. I mean, they're a rock band. They're not an idol band. And as far as I know they've only released two digital singles so far, as well as this song for the Three Musketeers OST. Without watching the drama I basically listened to this because of the awesome rock band I enjoy listening to, and this song is definitely worth listening so check it out if you haven't done that already!

  

06. 트리탑스/ Tritops - 내가 미쳤지 (I was Crazy)
Tritops are another band I don't expect you to know. They're a ballad group that debuted quite some time ago but they're not that active. But those voices actually can melt your heart. This song recorded for the Golden Cross OST is one of my favorite songs by this group so it's not surprising I had to include it in here. I highly recommend everyone checking out Tritops' songs and covers on Youtube, maybe starting off with this track is a good idea though.

  

05. 김윤아/ Kim Yoon Ah (Jaurim) - 자각몽 (feat. 올티) (Lucid Dream (feat. OLLTII)
I feel like there have been quite a lot of rather unknown artists included on here.. and this woman is not an exception. Kim Yoon Ah, the vocalist of Jaurim, performed an awesome song with rapper OLLTII for the Missing Noir M OST. While it's kind of rare for OCN series to even have an OST consisting of two songs, this is the only song that appears in this brilliant series and I've been listening to it quite often because I actually really like the combination of Kim Yoon Ah's unique vocals (her voice has a different sound to it) and OLTTII's rap. Also, the way this song supports the atmosphere of the drama definitely makes it one of my favorite OST songs not only in 2015 but forever.

 
04. 성준/ Sung Joon - Wake Up
Going back to the more popular artists now I've included a song performed by actor Sung Joon. While I do respect the tall handsome guy as an actor the first drama I've seen him in was actually Shut Up: Flower Boy Band which I didn't only love for the cast and the music itself but also the fact that it's about a rock band! While I was surprised how nice Sung Joon's voice actually was I couldn't help but make this song one of my favorites as well.


03. B2ST/ BEAST - Black Paradise
As some of you might know, IRIS 2 is still included on the list of my favorite dramas though it's slowly losing it's position because of too many awesome OCN series. To be honest I don't understand why so many people seem to hate this series - I can only guess that this second season isn't for the romance lovers but for those who enjoy action. Anyways, this song performed by B2ST still gives me goosebumps. While I do listen to B2ST and actually enjoy a lot of their other songs as well, Black Paradise happens to be the most played track by B2ST on my playlist. How that works.. I can't tell you. I love the music and the beat, Yoseob's angelic voice and Junhyung's rap as well as the atmosphere they deliver with this song. I never get sick of listening to it.

  

02. 김범/ Kim Bum - 지금 만나러 갑니다 (I'm Going to Meet You Now)
Before explaining anything else: I wasn't too sure whether this song actually qualifies to be on this list or not. Because it's included on the F4 Special Edition and not the regular edition of the OST for Boys Over Flowers. I decided to put it on here though because the F4 Special Edition in fact belongs to the OST as well.
When I've been listening to this song as well as Kim Bum's voice for the first time I fell head over heels. I love the rather weak but fitting vocals, and I love how this song made me want to cry just because I find it to be incredibly beautiful. That's why it was my #1 for about two years. I've been playing this song roughly 1500 times in total, maybe even close to 2000 nowadays. Just to give you a hint how much I love it.

 


And now, ladies and gentlemen - the No.1!
...
...

01. Nell - Run
If you've been reading this entry carefully enough you might have noticed that I love rock and indie artists. I just do, there's nothing to be done about it and I actually don't even want to change it. Now I openly admit that when I've been watching Two Weeks I didn't listen to Nell regularly. Neither did I really care, I just happened to like the song. However, around January 2015 I figured out that this song is pretty much the most awesome and beautiful thing ever and I seriously can't get over the fact that I needed to start listening to Nell again after two years to realize how great they are - and how awesome this song is! 
Whenever I listen to it I have a movie playing in my head. It's hard to put it into words but it's about action, it's about danger and in fact people who are trying to survive not only for themselves but for the sake of living not only for oneself but for the people around you who need you as well. Definitely one of my most played songs since January, and I'll probably never stop listening to this again.


 

 
To all of you who managed to get here - thanks for reading this whole entry!
I know that many people won't agree with my choices, and that's perfectly fine since this ranking is based solely on my opinion but I would be glad if you would at least check out some songs you've never heard about. That's the reason why I actually decided to post this~

Also, I'm curious what your choices might be so leave me comments or feel free to discuss with me on Twitter (@gerreaflower) or on MyDramaList as I really would like to get to know about others choices, especially the songs by not-so-popular artists.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen